Hi everyone, Recently I posted a survey to all of my RV friends, family and readers to learn more about what’s important to you when traveling in your RV – the results were sometimes surprising. The main purpose of this survey was for a telephone interview I had with the staff at RVWest – responding to their questions about my RV experiences. I was able to share the results of this survey with them and now I am going to share it with you. Survey done March 2011 using Survey Monkey/email campaign/iContact
- What kind of information do you look for and find useful?
Destination information 36.4%
Campground information 36.4%
RV Lifestyle 27.3%
2. Do you use the internet and email regularly?
Yes – regularly 92.3%
No – never 0%
3. How has the cost of fuel affected your travel?
It has not affected the way I travel 66.7%
We have quite Rving 0%
We do not travel as often 16.37%
We stay in one location longer 16.7%
4. Do you use solar energy?
All the time 15.4%
5. Do you plan your trip in advance?
Partially – we like to be spontaneous 53.8%
Other (please specify) 0%
6. What issues do you face as a full time Rver?
- Provincial parks closing after Labour day when there are so many retirees still on the road. Towns that make boondocking illegal when they should realize if we stayed longer we’d contribute to their economy.
- We have had issues: ie humidity, cold (freezing weather). However, whatever issue we have encountered has been quickly resolved. Fellow RVers are quick to assist and a fountain of good information.
- Poor planning on my part = lack of accommodation at the end of the road!
- my issues are getting a north America phone package, so that we can stay in touch with home, tv, and internet at a reasonable cost.
- Very disappointed in the Government camp sites as they charge way too much for what you get.
7. What do you look for in a resort?
Amenities – pool, etc. 20.0%
8. Do you belong to any RV Clubs or organizations:
Want to in the future 15.4%
Some of the responses were not what I expected and gives me something to think about. I believed more people were interested in solar power, etc. but that did not appear to be the case. I also thought that people would be affected by the rising fuel costs but I guess RVers love what they are doing so much they won’t let that stop them. I didn’t ask if they cutback elsewhere to ensure they could travel but one would think so. Happy travels, PS: I hope you find these results as interesting as I did and if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me at email@example.com and I will do my best to respond. If you are interested in doing the survey yourself click here http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8BWKJSM